Friday, March 4, 2011

Rising Action Story

The two Arabian gentlemen placed the bowl of water on the ground as the giraffe raised it's head once more.

"So, you like Mr. Cross?" the leader asked in choppy English.

"Indeed." I said, faking my interest. 'This poor animal could potentially being food for these 'gentlemen' soon, as well as hundreds of people unless I act quickly.' I thought.

"Very well. Let me see the payment." the Arab demanded, his tone firm but level.

"Of course." I said with a slight bow.

I reached into my coat pocket and immediately felt my pistol. I thought for a moment then pulled my hand back out again, clutching the money. I handed it to the Arab, who proceeded to count every bit of it. Once he was satisfied, he looked back to me and smiled. I caught a brief, but good glimpse of fang.

"Very good. Follow me please." he said, motioning to his tent nearby.

I nodded and followed, placing my hands into my pockets and onto my pistol and stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment